Thursday, January 31, 2008

MacBook Air

A lot is being written about the MacBook Air.  Most of it centers around what you give up for its light weight and whether that's worth it in exchange for the portability.  As far as I can tell, no one has mentioned anything about its coolness.  It's what gets attention to Apple and draws people into its stores.  Of course, once there, they'll buy something else, but it helps draw people into the showroom, much like a sports car will draw people into the dealer.  One may come in to look at the new Corvette, but they'll leave in a Malibu.  In that way the MacBook Air is important.

Of course,  all of the buzz is in the Mac press and it has faded from the mainstream media.  I guess people don't care about the latest and greatest computers.  They just aren't that interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just looked at your work. You really stink. Your art says nothing. You should pay me for the time I wasted looking at it.